“So delicious you wouldn’t waste it licking it off someone, because you’d inevitably miss a bit”
Original recipe supposedly made enough for 4 teeny tiny servings (most likely shot glasses) but i got a reasonable amount for 2 from it. And next time I’d definitely add another egg white. And baileys. Maybe a wee biscotti half dunked in the melted chocolate and served on the side. Fattyfatfatfatfatfat.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 25g butter
- 75g dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- Punnet fresh raspberrys
- Separate the eggs.
2. Whisk the egg whites until firm, then add the caster sugar and continue whisking until it forms stiff, glossy peaks. If hand whisking, it will take between 5-10 minutes, with a machine 2-3 minutes. Always use a glass or metal bowl and make sure there is absolutely no egg yolk in the mixture, and no grease on the whisk or bowl, as both of these will prevent the mixture from stiffening!
3. Break up the chocolate into a separate glass or metal bowl and add the butter. Bring a saucepan of water to a light simmer and sit the bowl of chocolate and butter on top of the saucepan, so that the bottom of the bowl remains around 1 inch above the water. Stir the mixture until it melts, then remove from the heat and add the egg yolks.
5. Fold one mixture into the other. Don’t panic if it appears grainy at first – it takes a bit of mixing for it to come together! Once it’s as smooth as you want, divide into glasses and top with fresh raspberrys. Refrigerate for app. 2 hours and serve! 🙂
(or don’t refrigerate and drink straight from the glass, it’s all good)