Saw this on Jamies 30 Minute Meals and loved the idea of using chutney in the sweet potato mash so gave it a go! The mash was definitely the highlight of the meal and made a nice wee snack cold the next day too 🙂
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 red chillis
- Bunch of asparagus
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 lime
- 2 fillets of sea bass
- Jar of mango chutney
- Bunch of coriander
- Soy sauce
- Finely dice your garlic and one chilli and add to a bowl with a good splash of soy sauce. Set the bowl aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the asparagus.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl with half the lime, cover with cling film and heat in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, put 3 spoonfuls of mango chutney on a plate and add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, the chopped coriander and the second chilli finely sliced.
- Score the sea bass to help it cook through.
- Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and place the sea bass skin down on it. Season the underside with a little salt and pepper.
- The fish will cook for 90% of the time skin side down so don’t flip it!
- Add the pancetta to the pan with the fish.
- When the sweet potatoes are done place them on the plate on top of the chutney mixture and squeeze the remainder of the lime juice over. Use a knife and fork to slice and mash them, mixing the chutney, soy sauce, coriander and chilli through.
- Check the asparagus. If it’s done drain it, add to the bowl of soy sauce, garlic and chilli and mix through.
- When the fish is cooked through remove from the heat and flip it. Leave for 10-20 seconds to finish cooking.
- Plate up and serve 🙂